So I’m doing a repair on our gas dryer, replacing a $10 switch that ‘in theory’ stops the dryer if the belt ever breaks. In my case, the belt didn’t break. The dang switch is faulty. YouTube and GE forums explain all of that crap. Total disassembly required.
Feeling very proud that I had no cuts, scrapes or smashed fingers, I pull my hand out from under the drum and … I’ve got blood all over. I didn’t even feel the slice. I lick it to take a look at the wound and….. It’s not blood at all -it’s red lube grease!
Freakin’ bastards st GE! Scared the crap out of me.